Joining classes in Japan during your trip
Are you interested in taking classes in Japan?
I think it is fun to learn, for example: Japanese cooking, the language, martial arts, and other things.
Even if you are going there for a few days, there may be some classes that fit your schedule.
I have found some classes in Tokyo and Osaka, so I will share the information here.
● The Japanese language school, Meguro Language Center
They can do private lessons 1-2 times/week for those who speak English.
90 min group lesson: 3,960 yen (10% tax included)
90 min Private Lesson: 7,170 yen - 7,770 yen (10% tax included).
Meguro is a good location. Central Tokyo.
● Language Exchange Café
“Language Exchange” is an event where participants take time to causally teach and learn each other’s languages.
Address: 3-1 Kandaogawamachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan Postal Code 101-0052
● Mayuko's Little Kitchen Japanese Cooking Class
She has the location well explained on her site including the map. It seems like she will come to meet the guests/students at the station and takes to the kitchen. The food looks so delicious.
Japanese glass making: Edo Kriko glass
This place is in Asakusa. Asakusa is an awesome place to visit. This place is only 30 min walk from Asakusa station.
● Language Exchange Osaka
“At Language Exchange Osaka, you can have a chance to speak English or Japanese whilst having fun! We have fun games and activities that utilize our knowledge of English and Japanese, learn new grammar points and practice our conversation skills through various weekly topics that are applicable to use in your everyday speaking life.”
They don’t have the address, but you can send inquiry in English. If you click their “locations” there are more locations than Osaka, so you may want to check other areas, too.
● Takoyaki and other food
”Takoyaki”” is one of Osaka's specialties.
Other interesting thing I found (although it is not something Japanese...)
● Thai kickboxing M-FACTORY
“M-FACTORY Kickboxing's program consists of some great elements of Muay Thai and kickboxing”
They have classes for travelers and those on business trips. Their website has English explanation about prices and the location.
If you want to go somewhere quieter, I recommend Nagahama city in Shiga prefecture.
There are a few nice glass blowing workshops you can attend in Nagahama. I used to take my children there and we made glasses, plates, and stained glass products.
Nagahama is a beautiful old city. If you rent a car you can drive from Nagahama to Hikone city by the lake Biwako.
In Hikone, there is beautiful Hikone castle. You may find a small "Kawana" (salt-grilled sweetfish) shop on a street, and yummy "Hida beef" restaurants.
- Nagahama city: Glass making workshop https://www.kurokabe.co.jp/trial/
- Nagahama city: Stained glass making https://www.biwako-visitors.jp/spot/detail/19977
Another fun thing to do in Shiga prefecture is to rent a bike and ride around the lake. I have never done it but I would like to do that when I go back to Japan!
Click Rental Bike shop.
Hope you enjoy your trip to Japan!
If you ever need any help before&during your Japan trip, drop me a line.
Simple questions, drop them in a comment section.
For more in depth support, I can help you on "fiverr" and "Oyrra"; anything you like, including translation and interpretation.
- For help and written translations, I offer my service on the "fiverr" platform at a reasonable price. It is free to visit, so please have a look, and if you like it contact me on "fiverr". https://www.fiverr.com/kumisnowy/help-you-with-your-trip-to-japan
- For online interpretation (for me to actually translate Japanese-English on a smartphone), I use the "Oyraa" platform. If you need to communicate with people in Japan, and if no one around you is able to help out with the language, I may be able to help! If you have a smartphone in an environment with WiFi connection, you can hire me as your interpreter from Japan or elsewhere; so for that, the link to my "Oyraa" profile is below. https://www.oyraa.com/interpreters/detail/5da52c13897951304d742b92
Thank you for reading!